Keeping track of one’s finances can be an arduous task. Thankfully, there are numerous platforms and tools available to assist us. Quicken has long been a favorite when it comes to personal finance management, but with its high subscription costs and dubious security, many users are looking for suitable alternatives. So how do you choose the best financial management software for your specific needs? To make your life simpler, we’ve identified the quicken alternatives for mac that offer similar features but at lower costs.
1. Personal Capital – Personal Capital is an all-in-one finance app that allows you to manage your investments, retirement funds, and cash flow. It connects to most of your financial accounts like banks, brokers, 401k, and more. The investment options are widely varied, and their user interface is quite user-friendly. One of the standout features of Personal Capital is that it offers a free tool for analyzing your investments to ensure you have a diversified portfolio. There is also an excellent retirement planner tool that takes a holistic approach to your accounts and determines the amount of money you need to have saved to live comfortably throughout your retirement.
2. Mint – Another great alternative to Quicken is Mint, a free tool that allows you to manage your money, track bills, and investments effortlessly. As a finance tracker application, you’re able to monitor all of your bank accounts, investments, and loans seamlessly, thanks to its integration with financial institutions. The features include alerts for financial activity, a budget planner, and easy-to-read graphs for managing your finances. The application makes it easy to put your finances on the right track and see where your money is going.
3. YNAB – YNAB (You Need A Budget) is a famous budgeting application that makes it simple to manage your finances. YNAB has a user-friendly interface and offers financial coaching that addresses any ongoing concerns you may have. The unique feature is its focus on budgeting, so you’ll know exactly how much you’ve saved or spent. It’s also a cloud-based service, ensuring that your information is safe even in the event of an unexpected device loss. YNAB offers a free trial, after which users can pay $11.99 per month or $84 per year.
4. PocketGuard – The PocketGuard app helps you maintain a budget that fits your everyday lifestyle. It works by calculating the daily allowance available for the user after settling bills and planning for recurring expenses. PocketGuard offers automatic categorization of your transactions, a method to track how much money you’ve left for your yearly expenses, and a way to track your bills through reminders. PocketGuard also offers personal tips on saving money and alerts you when it suspects a significant financial transaction, which may impact your current spending.
5. EveryDollar – EveryDollar is an application created by the financial expert Dave Ramsey that allows users to track, manage, and budget their finances quickly. This software is best for those who are fans of the ‘zero-based budget’ popularized by Ramsey. The zero-based budget is a budgeting technique that ensures that your money is allocated to account for all your expenses, including unexpected ones. This technique saves you from overspending or over-relying on credit. Users can access the app for free, but the premium version offers extra features like connecting your bank account, tracking your debts, and the ability to create unlimited budgets.
Keeping track of one’s finances is essential, but it can be challenging to find a platform that fits your needs. The above alternatives to Quicken provide similar features without the high subscription costs or uncertain security risks. Personal Capital, YNAB, Mint, PocketGuard, and EveryDollar are all powerful tools that will help you manage your budget and keep your finances under control. Ultimately, the choice is yours; consider your financial goals, budget, and preferences before selecting a financial management platform. With these options available, managing your finances can now be done easily and affordably.